Monday, January 10, 2011

Noah's First Birthday


I can't believe we are already celebrating our sweet little boy's first birthday.  Saturday we had his birthday party at our church.  We had to rent the cafe because there were just too many people to fit in our house and I wanted his first one to be all the families together.  What a wonderful group we had, Noah is such a blessed and loved little boy!

Anyways I had ordered a PDF file from Etsy for his party items and then I had to print everything out and put it together. I was so amazed with all the things it came with.  I probably didn't use half of the print outs that I could have.   I had lots of fun doing it but definitely lost steam and decided not to do it all to save money.  Boy do party costs add up quick.

Here are some pics of the decorations and cupcakes that I made myself! 



This was the confetti for the tables.  Thankfully Jared's grandma let me borrow her 2 inch scallop punch.  I can't imagine having to cut out all these and the ones for the cupcake toppers as well.

For Noah's cake I had bouuht a large cupcake mold and had planned for that to be his cake.  Well the night before I put it together and iced it and than we had some issues.  The icing all started to fall off and took the top cake with it.  I decided not to stress and just to use the bottom part.  However it was impossible to ice and to get it to look decent because it had ridges like the bottom of a cupcake is supposed to and is also inverted at the bottom like cupcakes are.  It looked awful but I didn't let it stress me out.  I just decided to use it anyway.

I was also quite nervous about the cake part of the party, Noah has such texture/food issues so I had a feeling it would be quite uneventful.  I was very right.  He barely touched it once and immediately looked disgusted.  Then I  tried to get him to touch it again and same thing we started to gag.  So that was about the end of that.  I did get him to try the icing and he ate a few bites from my finger but wouldn't eat any himself.  Maybe next year if he is over it we will try again so I can get my fun cake destroying fix in. 





He was quite tired all afternoon, because not thinking I planned the party for 2:00, right during a typical day's nap.  I will remember that next year and for future children.
He sure was tuckered out, he hardly ever lays on people like this
After the cake we opened up presents and he got so many neat toys.  After Christmas and his birthday he sure is stocked.  He also got some money, so with that we plan on setting him up a savings account to start building that up for him! 

Thank you to our family for making Noah's first birthday party great!  I have been looking forward to celebrating a my first child's birthday for a long time, so it was just an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...