Thursday, December 16, 2010

Food Issues

Noah has just really loved books these days, I love reading to him since he's not a lovey little boy (however he is turning into more and more of one) and then  I can kind of sit all close next to him and sneak kisses every now and then.  Wednesday while we were home with dad, I had him on the couch and he just sat back, relaxed and listened to books, it was great!  We went through quite a few and even the started the stack over.


Anyways the real reason for this post is my son is strong willed and I mean very strong willed, there have been many things we know he can do he just chooses not to, why I'm not sure.  Well feeding himself is one.  He has had a texture issue ever since we started baby food.  I started him on baby food and then tried to make some of my own, I got rejected because the texture wasn't the same as what he was used too.  I also started the regular baby cereal and then had got some already in little packs for when he went to Nana Jill's well I guess he got used to those and wouldn't take the other anymore.  I mean it's been one thing after another.  Now he might love something one day but decide the hates it or the texture the next day.  He can make himself gag until he throws up.  It's quite frustrating because you never know what he will want/like each day.  I had talked to the doctor at his 9 month appointment and she said well he probably has a texture thing he will just have to be the one to explore it and feed himself.  Well that is where our next problem comes in, he refuses to feed himself.  I have tried putting every sort of food on his tray, he either pushes it off, picks it up and drops it off, or tries to hand it to me.  This last week I have really been trying to get him to do feed himself his snacks.  The one thing that does crack me up is that if I hold one of his snacks on my hand and set it out, he will bring his mouth down to it and try to eat if off my hand, he just will not grab it. This last week I have taken his yogurt melts and put it in his hand and forced his hand to go to his mouth, it kind of works because he then pushes it in but  I still have to make him do it each time.  I know he can do it, just not sure why he won't.  Well Wednesday we had been trying all day and had him in his room, he was playing with a shape puzzle and he kept putting all the pieces in his mouth so Matthew said why don't we get a graham cracker and put it in the square spot and see if he will eat it then, so I tried that, and 


As soon as he picked it up, he felt the difference and threw it down.  Didn't even make it to his mouth.  Our plan had been foiled by him, he outsmarted us again.  It's amazing how often this happens!
Cheesy little grin while he was enjoying his puzzle pieces 
Later on in the day, having some fun walking with his shorter but still crazy hair

If anyone has any suggestions to get Mr. Noah to feed himself we are open to try anything!  
We love him so much but boy he sure is quite a character and has always been a puzzle to figure out since he was born!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...