Friday, July 29, 2011

Lesson Learned

Today Randi, Noah and I headed to Champaign to meet my grandma for lunch.  She lives in Arizona but is staying in Champaign for the weekend for a wedding.  I hadn't been shopping in Champaign in almost 2 months. I think that might be a record for me so I was excited to get a chance to try and do a little shopping while we were there as well.  We went up early so we could get some stores in before lunch.  Noah watched his new favorite Clifford on the way up there and really did pretty good for being awake the whole time.  When we got up there we went to Target then the mall.  Old Navy is in the mall now so went there first and needless to say after that Noah and I were pretty much done.  I was tired of fighting with him already and he was done staying in his stroller, all he wanted was "down".  I figured he probably needed some time to run so we took him to the mall play area.  He loved it.  
I wish we had something like this closer that was indoor that  I could take him to play in more often. 
The first time he went down this slide he went down right, then he saw one other kid go down backwards and after that he tried it and decided it was much better.   

 Doing his happy dance
 No matter how many fits this little man throws in a day or how worn out he has me, this face still makes me smile
 We were walking away from the play area and we spotted Clifford or as we always call him  "Cliffy".  Noah loves Clifford nowadays, he absolutely loves his new DVD and still loves his stuffed animal.  As a matter of fact we had to bring him with us in the car and he held onto him most of the drive up to Champaign so we couldn't turn down the opportunity to ride him.
 Eating lunch with Grandma Lee, he decided to share his soggy ketchup covered fries.  Once she ate one, he wouldn't stop trying to feed her. 
We did have some good times, but overall I realized I'm done shopping with Noah for awhile.  He is just too active and can't sit in a stroller all day and not old enough to understand he can't just run everywhere.    Next time I will be leaving him home or will be shopping online instead.  Soon I know we will have Carson as well and I know there is no way at all to handle Noah and the baby on a shopping trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...