Monday, December 3, 2012

Elf on the shelf


This year we decided to hop on the bandwagon and do an Elf on the Shelf.  I'm sure Noah will understand a lot more in a year or two but decided to do it anyway.  Saturday we got out the book after his nap and read him the story.  He listened to the story really well and we got to the end and asked him what he wanted to name him again since he didn't answer during the book and he said choo-choo.  The only reason why he picked choo-choo was because on the last page, there was a choo-choo!  I tried asking him about every other name I could think of but we still came back to it. Someday he will probably ask me why we let him but it makes sense because he does love his trains now anyway.  He kept telling us also that he wanted a train like the one in the picture the same colors and everything.  After we finished reading the book we set him up on a shelf in our living room for the night.  I don't believe he liked the idea of the elf watching him, in fact he even told us he didn't like it.  After he was up there he didn't really seem to even think about it or care.

Then yesterday we put him flying in our fans in the living room and he laughed when he saw him up there and imitated to me what he was doing.  I didn't really say anything about him all day.

This morning was the picture above, Choo-Choo is hanging out in one of the stockings and took an ornament off our wreath and Noah was really laughing at him this morning.  I used the Elf different today each time he has done something good I have been telling him to go tell the Elf what he did and he gets all excited to do so.  He told me this morning "Elf going to tell santa, I a good boy, mommy"  Positive reinforcement really works well for him!  He loves thinking he made someone happy!

We will keep doing it this year and see how the rest of the month goes.  Thanks to Pinterest we have plenty of idea of things to do with our elf, Choo-Choo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...