Monday, December 31, 2012

No More Perfect Moms Intro




No More Perfect Moms


Carson and I both have bronchitis.

I never got dressed today and I did leave the house today for a work meeting and doctor appointment. 

I encouraged Noah to watch TV today so I could rest, and I just couldn't do much playing!  

I'm falling behind around the house.  Grocery shopping needs done, floors need mopped, laundry needs done, you know all the fun stuff!

It's New Years Eve and I'm home with my boys in bed, lounging on the couch. 

I am so far from perfect today that I'm not even on the spectrum and it's okay!

This year isn't starting out how I would have chosen,  but it's a perfect time to share what I have been reading because this book is packed with stuff I have needed to hear.  

I am beyond blessed to get to be a part of the launch group for "No More Perfect Moms" by Jill Savage.

When I first heard about this book, I was so excited because our culture today strives so much for perfection and ironically enough that is the first chapter's title The Perfection Infection.  It was a good one too,  one of my favorite statements from it was this....

"We compare our messy insides---our struggles, our failures, our less than perfect lives--to other women's carefully cleaned-up, perfect-looking outsides."

I struggle so much with the comparison game and wrote about it not too long ago here.

" No More Perfect Moms" doesn't come out until February but there are a few things you can do right now.

1.  Sign up for Jill Savage's " No More Perfect Moms"  31-Day Email Challenge.  You don’t need to read the book to be part of the email challenge (the book doesn’t come out until a month later anyway!). It’s designed to help you start the year right.  Sign up today and encourage your mom friends to do so, too!  You can sign up here.

2.  Don't buy the book yet, but get ready to do so.  For moms who are interested in the No More Perfect Moms book, Hearts at Home and Moody Publishers are offering an incredible deal of over $100 in additional bonus resources if you wait to order/buy the book between Feb 4-9.  You can find more info on that as well as a sign up to be reminded when to pick up your copy of the book here!

3.  Visit " No More Perfect Moms" website.  This is where you can share stories, learn more about the book and view motherhood resources.  

4.  Let me know if you are interested in doing a book study on this book in February/ March.    I am about halfway through the book right now and it has spoken to me so much already and  I think it would be awesome to go through with other moms and take off our masks together!  

A pdf copy of this book was provided to me as part of of the launch group but all comments are my own.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...