Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas Wrap Up, Better Late than Never

December was a month with it all. Great memories, family time, lots of food, stress, messes, fun, fun fun, toys everywhere, sickness, many trips out to look at lights and so much more.

I love the holidays so much but I was ready for January.  I needed things to slow down and ready to get this house purged and organized.  We have so much stuff and now you really notice it since we just gained a whole new army of toys.  Haven't came up with a solution for that problem yet but we will.  That's  my goal for the next few months.

This year it really started to get fun with the boys.  Both of them loved the lights and we went out many nights to look at them and took extra detours on our way to things to see some extra ones.  Noah understands so much and blessed my socks off when he pointed out baby Jesus at all the houses around town.  The way he says it too is just downright adorable!  
We started some new traditions with the boys and can't wait to keep them going as they get older and into them more!  
And I tried to just have fun!  
Here are some pictures from our month.  I'm awful at taking pictures and remembering too. I wish I could hire a full time photographer to capture all the moments  I never do.  

Carson being silly with my sunglasses at one of our doctor visits.  Looks healthy and happy, yeah he had bronchialitis.     
 Noah eating and Carson chilling.  
We usually make gingerbread houses or trees, we switched it up this year and made trains out of rice krispies treats.  I spent hours trying to shape it into the perfect train shape or I may have bought a kit from Wal-Mart because this year my theme was having fun and making things easy.  
Noah had fun, that was the important part!
 We saw Santa.  He surprised us at Papa Bob's and Nana Jill's.  The look on his face!  Priceless.  

 We had fun looking for Choo-choo the elf each day and seeing what trouble he caused.  
 One night while looking at lights Noah told me wanted to tell Santa he wanted 2 candy cane lights.  The next  night Santa surprised all of us with not just 2 but 6 candy cane lights.  Noah loved them!  

 We are so blessed to have so many family members and got to spend time with most of them at all the different Christmas get togethers.  And of course most kids favorite part, opened lots of presents.  
 Then after Christmas Noah got to go sledding for the first time in his own back yard.  Not a big hill by any means for perfect for his first experience.  He loved it and enjoyed after as well by the fire with hot chocolate. And ever since each time he goes sledding he has to come in, sit by the fire and drink hot chocolate.  My son is a creature of habit!  

What a great month!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...