Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'm Doing it!

Ever since my mom started running marathons years ago I have always wanted to run one with her.  Well a few weeks ago she asked my sisters and I to go to San Diego for a girls trip and she was going to run a marathon while she was out there.  One day I  thought, how cool would it be to run with my mom while we are out there.  Then I remembered a marathon was 26.2 miles and it's only 4 months away so I went to the details of the marathon and saw they had a half as well.  Perfect!  Then doubt set in and I just wasn't sure if I could do it, I brought it up to my sisters and now we are all going to go for it together! I'm excited, nervous, anxious, and terrified to fail but I think it will be an awesome experience.  I'm not sure if we will even get to run with mom since she is still doing the full marathon but we will still have a great time and get to experience the atmosphere together!

 I do have to admit I kind of tested myself yesterday before I made my final decision.  I haven't ran since probably June.  I workout generally about 5 days a week but running isn't part of my routine.  So yesterday since it wasn't freezing like today, I decided to go out and run and see what I could do.  I ran a little over 2 miles and only stopped for about 10 seconds at one point to get my breathe back. I felt like I could of done more however by the way my muscles feel today I'm glad I didn't.  Apparently you use a lot of different muscles then the ones I have been using.    Most of the training schedules I found start 3 months before the race and have you running about  2.5-4 miles per day in the first week.  With that being said since I ran a little over 2 yesterday with technically a month until training begins I know I can build up to 3 or 4 in that time.  So here goes to training for my first half marathon, The San Diego Rock and Roll!




Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...