Friday, February 1, 2013

No More Perfect Days

This morning I was struggling!  I was losing it and getting grumpy fast with the boys.  I had a lot of things on my mental to-do list and I wasn't getting anywhere.  I got out my No More Perfect Moms book and went to the chapter on No More Perfect Days and reread the parts I had underlined and read just what I needed to hear!  Here are few snippets that I needed reminded of:



Motherhood is the ministry of availability ( I need to be available to my boys, even if it doesn't fit in my "perfectly laid out plans for the day".  Carson isn't feeling well, no matter what I wanted to get done this morning, he needed my attention, he needed held, he didn't care if I got the kitchen cleaned up after breakfast or if his laundry was folded. I definitely need to work on being more available to them!  )

Control is a mirage.  The only control you and I can really have is self-control.  ( I'm a control freak what can I say, when things don't go my way, I can get easily angered and frustrated.  I so often blame my anger on the boys because something happened in a way other than I wanted, but in reality they didn't do anything wrong they are just being imperfect kids and making my house an imperfect place and I'm working on getting to be okay with that!

And my favorite!

We need perspective to keep us from reacting when our plans fall through.  We need the perspective that the moment we are in is just as important as the moment we planned on that didn't happen the way we thought it would.  We need to embrace "what is" instead of "what could have been"

This morning that " what is" turned out not to be so bad.  It's now naptime and I got the "what could have been" taken care of  and by living in the moment I was in, I got some good cuddle time in with my sweet little babies who just needed their mom to be "available" for them!


( All underlined sections were taken directly from " No More Perfect Moms" by Jill Savage)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...