Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chicken Pox

My poor baby has chicken pox.  I noticed Noah's first ones on Tuesday and each day they have been getting a lot worse.  These pictures don't do his poor face justice.  He has a lot on his head, all over his scalp, face, in and around his ears.  And this morning I noticed Carson getting his first ones.  Carson probably maybe only has 10 now but he's a few days behind Noah.  Crossing my fingers that Noah's are done spreading and will start getting better and that Carson doesn't get them too bad.

 Noah has been such a good sport about them.  I figured when he saw them he would freak out because anything other than normal doesn't generally fare well with him, but he just smiled and gave me a hug.  I love this boy so much!  He has blessed me so much in how he is handling these.  Last night it took him a few hours to fall asleep and today nap didn't work out he just couldn't get comfortable but he has still been in a good mood.  Of course he has cried and whined some but not nearly as much as I expected.  He hasn't wanted me to put any anti-itch medicine on him because I did a few yesterday and he told me it made them hot and he didn't like it, well today after he was struggling with some I  talked him into putting some medicine on them and then he started laughing and then wanted medicine all over.  He was jumping up and down telling me how it wasn't hot, it was cold and that I made him so happy!  He just kept saying " look mommy, I'm smiling, you make me so happy."  I could learn a lot by how he has handled these!  We have been doing lots of cuddling, TV watching, and trying to keep him entertained when he needs a distraction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...