Monday, February 11, 2013

Running Update

It has been over 2 weeks now since I started  running  jogging.  I tell you it has been up and down and I actually have only gone running jogging 6 times since I started.  I'm still doing some of my other workouts depending on time and weather and running on the days that it works out.  Although this is great for now I know when training official starts I will have to run more often and attempt to stick to my schedule and not whatever Jen wants to do that day!  In  case you don't know, I don't do well with being told what to do.  I'm not too good at following workout schedules!

This is the rundown of what I have done so far!

Wednesday- 2 miles

Friday- 1.50 miles after an elliptical workout (I'm scared to run in the dark and  had to wait for it to get a little lighter for my liking)

Sunday- Treadmill attempt and miserably failed.  I really dislike running on a treadmill.  It was Super Bowl, and 9:00 pm and I ate way too much that day, but it was hard.  Like really hard.  I walked 3 laps and only did 2.50 miles total

Wednesday- 4 miles Say What?????  I woke up, went outside and ran, and ran and thought maybe I did 3 miles.  Clocked it and was ecstatic that I ran 4 miles.  After my treadmill run I was discouraged and really needed a boost to help me believe I can do this.  That run sure did it for me!

Saturday  3 Miles and it felt great!

Sunday 3.5 miles in the wind and rain at the end.  I probably walked about .25 miles of this one.  That wind was not my friend!

With almost a month yet until my training schedule actually starts I'm feeling pretty good about it!  March 10th should be the week I start training and it's a 12 week schedule.  By then I feel confident that I should be able to increase a little more and be ready for some more consistent running.  I have always wanted to be a runner and know that "true " runners love running and I'm starting to get that.  It's stress relieving, it's a workout, and I have kind of enjoyed pushing myself.  It's cool to see progress and I want to push myself to run more each time.

For all of you current runners if you have any tips or tricks for me I would love to hear them because I sure do have a long way to go yet!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so encouraged by this! I really, really need to start running. After four babies I'm just ready to feel like I'm in shape!!! I just haven't figured out how to fit this in. I don't want it to be too early or too late because I'm chicken (or wise?!) but those are the obvious time slots for my current season. I really wish I could start running with Greg but that definitely has it's obstacles (4 kids!)...well, anyway. I need to figure it out. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand obstacles and I only have two! Early is what works for me now, but it's much harder when you aren't sleeping through the night as I'm sure you don't. Matthew is off on Wednesdays because he works Saturdays so that is my morning to sleep in until 6:30or 7 and can still workout because he helps with the boys. I'm sure you still look great but I know the feeling of just wanting to feel better after babies and that little time to do something for yourself can make the biggest difference in my day! I hope you can work something out in the near future and that you all are doing well.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...