Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mini Vacation

Tomorrow we are leaving around 2:45 am for St. Louis and then on to Phoenix, Arizona and without Noah.  Wow what a weird weekend this will be.  We have only both left Noah twice and each time it was just for a short weekend and we were going on youth events each time.  While we had a great time, each time was with 50+ youth and that is not hardly what I would call a vacation. This time we are going on a mini vacation with some of my family to Arizona and will be staying with my grandma.  I'm excited to go and have some time away and relax but still going to miss my little boy like crazy. 

However he will be in great hands and he will be staying in his own house and sleeping in his own bed and will be watched by his "aunts Emily and Allison"  (they sure love him like a nephew) and then his Nana Jill for some of the weekend as well.  I'm sure he will be a little confused when he wakes up without us here but I'm sure he will do fine.  We debated back and forth whether or not to bring him and at the stage he is in now I think the flight would be enough of a trip for me.  He just hardly wants to sit still and we have a connecting flight on the way there.  Noah would want to run wild in that airport, I'm not cut out for that right now.  Also my grandma is a busy bee and has a lot planned for us out there.  Noah would be missing naps or bedtime or one of us would have to skip out to get him back to the house.  I just thought this would be good for us to get away and have some fun and try to be stress free.  We have crazy weeks/months ahead and I know once baby #2 gets here I will find it pretty much impossible to leave both of my kids for awhile.   With all the weddings this summer we also aren't taking any trips and saving our money so this is it for this year so we will make it all we can.

 We will miss Noah like crazy and this will be the longest we have been away but I know we will survive and hopefully he will be excited to see us when we get back.  Monday night I'm sure the flight home will kill me because I will be so anxious to see him.  Bad part is it doesn't get to St. Louis until 5 pm and thats if it's on time.  After we wait for luggage and get home we might have already missed him before he goes down for bed but will do our best to get home as soon as we can!  Have a great Easter weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...