Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Family Outing

I have been wanting to take Noah to the zoo all summer but it has just been way too hot!  He seems to get grumpy when he's hot and I defnitely get grumpy when I'm hot which happens a lot more than normal.  Summer pregnancy=not fun!  Anyways I knew that the forecast for today was awesome on Sunday when I checked so I thought about taking Noah today but for once we actually are planning on going out of town this weekend as well so I figured it would be better not to travel today too.  Instead I remembered Ballard Nature Center is so close and that they had an indoor area for kids as well as the trails.  So this morning we slept in a little, got ready then headed to Ballard.  We had a good time, Noah loved running around, and actually wanted to sit in his stroller some as well for once.  He hasn't been a big fan of his stroller this summer.  He's too big for it he thinks, he always wants "down". 

Noah started out mad because we took his juice away.  I wanted to save it since I figured he would be thirsty after we were done
But we quickly gave  in, gave him his juice and he was perfectly content in the stroller

Noah staring at all the trees in the woods

Taking a break from the stroller and walking down the trail with dad-dad

Loved running over the bridges
Taking a break from the outdoors and playing inside for a few minutes, he didn't last long, he quickly found the door to outside.  I did get this picture that I just love though!

Wanted dad to hold him, Matthew was telling him about how God created all the trees and flowers.  He actually seemed to be listening, so cute!

We had fun and I think it wore little man out. A lot of the indoor stuff is more for a  older kids and they have a kids fishing pond as well so I'm sure over the next few years Noah will grow to like it there even more.  For now he's happy just running around outside on the trails! Noah is such an outdoor kid, he just loves it outside!  This fall after baby I hope to make it there some more, when I'm able to walk easier and longer!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...