Monday, August 15, 2011

Awesome Weather Weekend

Saturday was the fall Mommy and Me Consignment Sale and I had an early bird pass (thanks Stephanie Smith for helping me get one!) so I got to go at 8, 1 hour before it opened and have first dibs. Well one of the first things I saw was this box, it had what looked to be like random tracks and some bigger cars in it.  Well they only had $10 on it so I figured just with the 5 big cars and trucks it was worth that to me because we have already bought a lot of play cars and they are expensive.  Noah loves cars so I knew he would use them.  I had been wanting a train/car table for him to play with his cars/ trucks on so I figured this would be a good cheaper substitute for now as well if he had somewhere to wheel his cars.  I expected him to like it but not play with it for nearly as long as he did. When I got home, got it cleaned up, figured out how to set it up Noah started to play, and play and play.  Now I wasn't sure at first what it all did and didn't really try to figure it out because he liked it without batteries and special features.  After he had been playing with it for a few hours off and on I googled it and realized that it was pretty cool.  I found a switch for the start thing, and it lights up and talks, then you shake the cars and they go around the tracks by themselves.  Noah was mesmerized.  However then the frustration started because he couldn't figure out how to get the cars to go and I wasn't going to sit there all day and shake them for him.  The magical new toy quickly became frustrating for both of us, I decided it was time to eat and then for a nap.  After nap we started all over with it and Matthew worked with him showing him how to shake the cars to get them to go.  In no time, he got it and has it figured out himself now.  Sometimes he can't quite shake it right and it only goes a little but for the most part he loves it and can work it himself.  I was pretty proud of my $10 purchase.  I love getting great deals like that. 
Before we figured out how the cars moved themselves, he just crawled round and round pushing the cars....
 Then he realized it was much easier to sit in the middle and do it. 

Yesterday we had a great evening hanging out together and spending some time outside.  We ate dinner on the back deck and after we were done Matthew took Noah out front to play while I cleaned up.  After I finished I went out to hang out with the boys and found Matthew in the empty lot next to us running Noah around in the wagon.  It was quite humorous and Noah sure thought so too, he was just laughing! 
 Playing some ball in the grass
 Matthew also played some bball with his son.  He was helping him dunk it, then it would get stuck in the net since it's not exactly a basketball and he would punch it out from the bottom sending it flying.  Noah was all smiles!  He loves this game and kept running up to us over and over again turning his back to us so we could pick him up and do it again. 

My two boys... Next summer I'm going to have to boot Matthew out of the wagon so Carson can have a seat. 
The weather was just perfect yesterday, we played way past bedtime.  It was just too nice to go back inside.  Makes me very ready for fall!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...