Friday, March 23, 2012

Isn't he Sweet?

Such a handsome boy!  A few weeks ago we had some pictures taken for Carson's 6 month,some of the boys together, a few of Noah, and the family.  If you want to see all of them go to http://www.picturesbyashley.com/apps/photos/ and our album is toward the bottom.

Well anyways this handsome boy still doesn't sleep through the night and we aren't just talking getting up once, it's usually still 3 times which comes out to about every 3 hours.  Not exactly great for an almost 7 month old.  Noah wasn't ever a good sleeper either, he didn't sleep through the night consistently until he was a year old.  I thought with Carson I was due a baby who slept through the night early but apparently it doesn't work that way.  (still a little bitter if you can't tell!)  Now since we have had 2 boys that don't sleep well at night the nervous mom in me wonders if it's me?  What do I do or not do that makes my children get up so much?  

Anyways last night I went back in our blog to see what Noah was/ wasn't doing at the age Carson is at just to compare the two and I read about Noah's nights at this point.  We had already pretty much weaned him off of eating at night he would just wake up and want his pacifier most of the time grr.... I remember how I thought Noah was bad at least we weren't still feeding him.  So last night I decided was it.  I was going to give up some sleep and start working on Operation Carson Sleeping Through the Night.  I can tell you right now Carson is winning.  Matthew ended up on the couch and Carson ended up sleeping with me in the bed, the little turkey!  When he woke up for the first time around 11:30 we moved him into our room so he wouldn't wake up his big brother since we were going to let him cry for awhile  and it wasn't for awhile, he went on and on for a long while!  I kept going over to him, sshhing him, rubbing his back and was still crying the same so I picked him up and tried rocking him.  He just looked at me in the dark all content and whenever I would put him down he would start all over again so after I was way past ready to go to sleep I laid down in bed holding him next to me.  The little cutie, went right to sleep without being fed and stayed asleep until 3 in which I just fed him so we could both go back to bed.  Then he was up and wanting to eat again at 5:30.  I figured we weren't going to go from 3 times a night to nothing, so we will just work on one feeding at a time.  I'm just hoping this doesn't take too long, I have to remember the prize, a full nights sleep of UNINTERRUPTED SLEEP (that's the key) hopefully most nights when we are done with this.  Oh it's been way to long since that has been a norm for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...