Sunday, March 18, 2012

Refresher

Friday afternoon, I left town with some moms to head to Bloomington-Normal for the Hearts at Home Conference.  On the way up Jen and I hit up Tuscola outlet mall, found some more summer stuff for the boys then on to Bloomington to meet up with everyone else to eat at Biaggi's it was a delicious dinner and boy was I stuffed.  It was so nice to eat and talk, and only have to feed ourselves and not entertain anyone!  Then  we went to the campus where we had Moms night out, where there was a brief worship session, and a comedy type show with a lot of improv.  It was a good show! Afterwards we had some ColdStone ( I  was bummed for not getting Homewood yet but this totally made up for it, my favorite! ) and then headed to the hotel.

We didn't get much sleep since we had to start early but it was nice to have some uninterrupted sleep! Then on to the conference we went the next morning.  The first session was by Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, I like them, listening to them made me want to watch their show.  Then the rest of the day was workshop sessions which some of them were better than others.  Overall I had a great time, it didn't really matter what we were doing or what was going on.  It was nice to get away for a day, relax, and get to talk and hang out with some amazing women.  Jen and I left late afternoon before everything ended so we could get back a little earlier and see our kiddos before bed.  It was great to see them and hang out with them for a bit.

 I can tell you last night and this morning were so much easier after feeling a little refreshed, makes me a much better mom.  Last night I was so relaxed with them, I loved it.  I need to do this more often!  I love my children sooo much, but let's face it some days are just tough with them and every once and a while we just need a break as moms!  Thanks to my hubby who took care of them the majority of the time, did a great job and had the house pretty neat when I got home (he knows the way to my heart, haha)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...