Thursday, June 16, 2011

Carson Jones



This morning I had my 28 week appointment and boy was it a long one!  First I had to take  the glucose drink,  had my sonogram, then it had already been an hour so they were ready to do the bloodwork, then waited for the doctor to do her quick check, then had my rhogram shot and finally 2 hours later I was ready to leave.  I was little nervous for this sonogram, usually they don't do the last one until 32 weeks but they wanted to do it early to get the measurements and look baby over again since at our 20 week one he was too scrunched up and they couldn't see much.  I guess it made me nervous that she requested we do it earlier.  However, he looked great and the biggest surprise was that so far he is tiny baby.  Dr. Haller had already told me she was going to be watching his weight and didn't want me to have another baby as big as Noah so I was really hoping to go early.  Today when she came into the room after my sonogram the first thing she said was I'm so surprised looks like we have a little guy this time.  Now not little that she is worried just not a big chunky boy like Noah was.  So far Carson weights 2lbs and 5 oz and she said that is about the 35th percentile, unlike Noah who was always around the 90th.  I do also have 12 weeks left though so I am aware that their measurements could sometimes be off and also that's a long time for baby boy to grow a lot.  So I would love to have a 7lb baby, but not counting on it completely yet. 
Noah was low but I feel like Carson has been even lower and we learned today that's he still breech just like his brother was at this point. Still lots of time to flip so not worried yet. 
I have had a lot more and more intense Braxton Hicks contractions with Carson than I ever did with Noah.  Dr. said this could be because he is still breech and a lot of people say that after their first so not abnormal.  Again I was hoping this meant I would be going early, doesn't exactly mean anything I guess, darnit!  I am in the bathroom I think, more than I'm not, I feel like all I do is pee somedays.  Completely ready for that part to be over with!
So each week we are getting closer and closer and excited to know that all still looks/sounds great.  We will be meeting Carson before we know it.  He still didn't really want to show off his face much today, this one loves to have those arms by his face.  He had them there last time as well.  She did manage to get a few face pics of our newest little cutie pie.  Matthew thinks Carson looks alot more like me, but only time will tell.  I think most babies in these 3D ones look alike so I won't be doing any comparing yet. 
Lastly, Carson finally has a few of his own clothes, last Sunday I bought the first few items for him.  We still definitely need more for right when he's born but not worried, have plenty of time to find some before he arrives!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...