Monday, June 6, 2011

Moved In

What an exhausting month we have had.  We officially are in our new house, so exciting!! I can't believe we are finally in, what a long journey this has been.  We first saw this house last November and began dreaming it would someday be ours.  Now many months later, we actually live here and all our stuff is here.  Is everything unpacked and where we would like? Absolutely not, is it a work in progress, sure and I know it will be for quite some time.  Last time we moved and did all our house projects we didn't have a little one and I wasn't pregnant so this time around everything will take a lot longer.  We basically have nap times and after Noah goes to bed to really get stuff done.  This house is quite different than the last though and there isn't anything that NEEDS done just things I want to do.  The whole house was painted white and so I of course would like to paint a lot of rooms.  We did get the living room finally painted after 4 days of working on it.  Now we are getting ready to move onto the dining/kitchen areas. We bought paint yesterday so this week that is our project.  After that I will probably just stop for awhile and worry about bedrooms/bathrooms later. I would like to do the decorating different than our last house too, so with buying a lot of new things I have to pace myself.  This move was expensive!  Our new living room furniture should be arriving any day, then I will take pictures of our completed living room.  That will probably be the only room I really finish and get fully decorated for awhile so we can go on extra spending freeze for awhile and save up some money for Carson coming in September since our kids are quite expensive with our very high deductible. 

So far I just have to say, I love our new house. I love the set up, I love all the extra space, I pretty much love it all.  I feel so truly blessed to own our new home! 

Noah has been doing better this last week, he just didn't really know what to think. the first week  In the old house he would just walk all over the place, explore and look for me when he didn't see me.  Well in the new one he didn't know where to begin to look to find me.  He was scared of the hallway and wouldn't walk down it without us.  He never really wanted to play, he just wanted to sit on laps and watch TV.  Well the last few days have been much better he is starting to walk around a little more and will play now.  He still would rather bring the toys into the living room rather than play in his playroom, which is okay with me it's better than having all the toys in the living room like we used to! 

The yard is our one issue.  The yard is not very flat and on the side of the driveway there is a retaining wall which isn't the best play area for him.  He is scared of the hills and when he does decide he can walk down them, I'm then scared he's going to fall down them.  We do have some flat areas but right now he just wont' stay on them, he wants to throw his balls wherever he shouldn't go.  We are taking an outside break now anyway since we have the influx of locusts/cicadas (not sure what they are).  They are awful.  The shells are all over our trees/ yard.  The bugs themselves are flying everywhere.  You can't hardly walk through the back yard without getting pelted by one and the yard is just gross to walk through since they are sitting everywhere and boy are they loud. I'll be very glad when this period is over.  It's crazy that we pretty much moved out here just in time to deal with them.    At least it won't be evey year!

Will post pictues hopefully this week, darn furniture is the hold up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...