Thursday, June 16, 2011

No more Bottles

So excited to announce Noah is bottle free!  Some of your know Noah hasn't always been the easiest child but I tell you that day by day he just keeps surprising us more and more.  Noah has never liked milk from a cup, and would only take it from a bottle well I kept putting off weining him from the bottle until we could get him to drink milk from a cup because I didn't want him to go without.  Well after trying off and on for months now I just decided we were going to do it and if he wouldn't drink it from a cup he would just go without.  I had just thought I would make sure he gets more calcium and protein from other things while we were working on this.  Well one night we started and he just threw the cup like usual and cried and instead of switching it to the bottle like we had done many nights we stood our ground and put him to bed without.  He stood in his crib crying for awhile so I went back in with the cup and then he decided to drink a little, not much but at least it was a start.  The next few days it was the same over and over would pretty much throw the cup everytime and not drink much if any.  After about 5 days he had pretty much not drank any milk at all so I thought I would try a little strawberry syrup in it.  I had tried it before but didn't work but you know with toddlers things change daily so I decided to try again.  Well I let him watch me mix it up one morning and his curiosity was spiked so he watched and then decided he would try it.  And this time he loved it.  Haven't had a problem since he will take the cup and drink it down in no time.  Since we already got him away from a nighttime bottle pretty much or drinking anything right before bed I have just kept it that way and we have been giving him his milk a little bit before bath so that way after we are done with bath, we just read books and put him down.  Is it perfect, no.  I would much rather him drink straight white milk, but it's a start and I figure we can gradually put less and less strawberry in it over time.  It's a step in the growing up direction at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...