Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Resolutions




I'm not normally a big New Years Resolution maker, but this year I have a whole list of things I want to do/improve for 2012.  I thought I would share them, it might help motivate me in really trying to achieve my goals. 

1) Time Management I want to spend more quiet time with God, and it's easy to say I don't always have time for it, but that would mean no one should see me posting things on pinterest, facebook, or blogging because in realty I waste a lot of the free time I have doing these three things!

2) Make it to my weight loss goal. I know this one is cliche and pretty much on most people's list but I am going to make it there and stay there!  I have done so much better after Carson, I gained 33 pounds with him and since he was born I have lost 36 pounds.   I would love to loose 7more pounds, and it's not a huge amount so I know I can do it! 

3) Stick to a Budget and save some money.   We have always had a budget since Matthew and I have been married but have never really had any follow through or did any checking up on it to see how we were doing.  I think we always knew we weren't following it so it was pointless to track but for 2012 I am ready.  I have my spreadsheet all figured out, printed and ready for budgeting to begin.   The crazy thing is I'm kind of excited about it, however I need to keep the momentum going so I don't cave in and let my discontentment take over and  make persuade me to forget the budget and get things we really don't need.  That could be a whole other goal but I'll just lump discontentment in with  this one.  ( I really don't like to address my problem with that!)

4) Get Organized This is something I always want to have more of.  I love organizing closets, cabinets, drawers anything that allows me to. However the last few years since we have added children into our lives my life feels way less than organized.  I feel like there is always somewhere in the house that needs my attention and I just don't feel like I ever have everything together.  I am going to be making a household binder, thank you pinterest for some great ideas and websites to keep papers, budgeting, and information all together and easily accessible, then I am going to try and develop some sort of plan for cleaning the house, weekly and monthly goals since  cleaning is always a big stressor for me. 

5)  Learn to Relax more  Now  this one doesn't really make since after the other 4 items on my resolution list but it  does to me.  I am always so uptight and high strung and want to learn to just not worry about all the little things and enjoy life with Matthew and my boys.  This will honestly probably be the hardest item on this list, just because  I feel like I always have to be doing something and always worry/stress out about stupid things!  I want to do things I enjoy like sewing/ or crafting during naptime or after bed instead of working on my to-do list or cleaning.  I always feel like there are a million things I need to do but want to learn to just stop, have fun and enjoy the ride of life! 

I may have a lot of things I want to do/achieve this year but what I already have is a wonderful husband, and two adorable boys who make each day interesting.  Matthew and I both have jobs, we have a wonderful home, money to buy food/ life necessities, vehicles to get us where we need to be, and awesome friends and family.  We truly have everything we need and are so blessed.  We are thankful for  the last year that we have had with our boys and look forward to each new day of parenting since I realize no two days are ever the same with little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...