Thursday, October 28, 2010

First Weekend Trip

I can't believe Matthew and I are both leaving Noah this weekend.  In August I went on an overnight shopping trip with my mom and sisters and then Matthew had 2 separate nights where he went away when Noah was younger.  We haven't both left at the same time and it was never this far, or this long.  We are going with the Reality youth group to Acquire the Fire.  I know it's going to be awesome and I am excited but sad and worried at the same time.  Noah is my little baby.  He hasn't been feeling that well this week but I can't use that as my excuse.  I'm really trying to stay tough, everything in me today wanted to back out because when I looked at his sweet little face I couldn't help but think there is no way I can leave him all weekend!  I know he will be in great hands.  His aunts, and grandparents love him so much too and will all be taking care of him throughout the weekend!  I know Aunt Randi will have him most of the time and will do a great job.  She will most likely have her hands full as he has really seem to learn a lot this week.  More about that in the next post but he has really been wearing me out lately.  I'm just tuckered out at the end of the day.

 We will be heading up north on a bus so I think that is the hard part for us, knowing we don't have a vehicle to just drive home if need be but if anything were to happen (which it's not, but) we would figure something out. Noah just went to bed a little bit ago and I asked Matthew if he could sleep with us tonight but he said no.  Bummer!  Noah isn't a cuddler but last night he actually let me rock him to sleep.  I soooo loved it! After he was asleep I tried to cuddle with him as much as he would let me without squirming in his sleep.  Anyways tomorrow I am off  work and we don't have to be at the church until around 2 so I'm hoping to get to spend some good quality time with my little man before we leave. Then Sunday will be Halloween so as soon as we get back to town we will have to get Noah all dressed up in his costume.  Can't wait, I've only had it since the beginning of August so I've been waiting awhile!  So hopefully tomorrow we make it out of town, because once we make it out, I will be on a bus with a bunch of teenagers and there won't be any turning back.  I'm going to try for no tears, but I still just can't believe how much I miss him and he is just in bed in the other room.  It stinks knowing you are leaving!!! Well wish me luck, I can do this!

1 comment:

  1. Know that God has great things in store for you and Matthew this weekend and for your future. He is going to fill you, heal you and prepare you for what he has in store for you both. Noah is going to be just fine....so take this time to alone together as husband and wife and to be a couple to minister to so many kids this weekend. Love you and see you when you get back home! So excited to see pictures and to hear stories from this weekend.

    Dinah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...