Thursday, September 8, 2011

1 Week Old

Yesterday I took Carson back to the doctor for his one week check up. All is good, he was born at 6lbs 4 ozs and left the hospital at 5lbs 15 oz, then yesterday at his appt he was back up to 6lbs 4 oz, which is good since they give them 2 weeks to get back up to his birth weight.   I was glad to know he has gained some weight, helps a nursing momma know she is feeding the baby enough.  Now hopefully we can get him chunked up a little soon.  It's so hard to put clothes on our little peanut, they have to be newborn and still even some of them are just too big.  We are still waiting to give Carson a real bath, since his cord still hasn't fallen off.  I'm so ready for it too, his diapers are so hard to put on, I have the fold down the top of the newborns so much still so that they don't rub on it.  It makes his diapers fit so weird.

This first week has been interesting, so much different than when we brought Noah home since we have another boy to take care of as well.  Overall so far Carson seems to be a good baby. Noah was such a difficult baby and I always said Carson was going to have to be a good, calm baby but I can't exactly remember when we started having the issues we did with Noah.  We might of had a newborn grace period, I can't remember so I guess time will tell.  Our nights have been up and down.  The first two home weren't the best but then the next two he did awesome only waking up twice.  Since then it's been good night, bad night, but at least we have some good nights in there.  Carson sure does like to be held when he sleeps, and eat a lot when he is awake but that is like any other new born.  I have been really bad about taking pictures, so I'm hoping to make sure I take more in the next few weeks.   Things are a lot crazier around here, I don't think of it all the time like I did with Noah (sorry Carson). 

Noah sure does seem to love his brother.  He has really been throwing a lot more fits lately, and I'm sure it's just to get attention more than anything so he has been proving to be a real challenge lately in that aspect.  But I do have to say he is doing awesome with Carson.  He likes to look at him, stay close to him and when he's sitting with us he always points down to his lap and wants to hold him.  It's just so cute when he does that.  It never lasts long because he either decides he wants him down or he tries to push our hands away because he doesn't want us helping him hold him.  Sometimes he just looks at him and starts laughing, melts my heart!  I look forward to when Carson starts moving and playing with toys, I think Noah will help out a lot and I think he will really enjoy having someone to "play" with around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...