Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July

This year for 4th of July, we had a great day.  I wish I could stay we slept in but we were up at 5:30 as usual.  We hung out around the house and I tried to get a few things done.  Late morning we went swimming, which I keep forgetting to take some pictures of.  Then we went home for lunch and naps.  The boys took awesome naps (almost 3 hours each). Then when they woke up we got ready and headed over to Matthew's parents for a family get together over there.  We ate and ate and all the little cousins had fun playing with each other both in and outside.  Then when it got close to time for fireworks we headed over to Matthew's grandparents to watch them at their house.  

Now I wasn't sure how Carson would do, I stick to their schedule a lot and most nights they are in bath at 7:15, then Carson is usually fed his bottle right after and in bed by 8:00.   Noah I wasn't so worried about, I knew if he was having fun he would be fine and it wouldn't affect his mood being up later.  He's a night owl I think like his dad, never wants to go to bed.  To my surprise they were both awesome, Carson was wide awake and not really complaining or whining at all.  I didn't give him his bottle until 8:45 and he was still wide awake crawling around and moving from chair to chair as we waited for the fireworks.  When the fireworks started Noah took turns sitting on different laps and he actually really watched them.  He didn't say a whole lot except for naming some colors and shapes he saw in the fireworks.  Carson didn't seem to pay attention at all and just wanted to be a little busy body.  They were both so good and we really enjoyed our time spent with family!  

Here are a few pictures

Not sure what he was looking at, but I couldn't believe how old he looks here.  Getting more grown up every day! 

 Watching the older cousins do some sparklers
 Busy body Jones here, always trying to climb on mom!
 Noah is the one on the left, he wasn't really too sure if he was scared of them sparklers or not, kept his distance for a little bit
 Aunt Amanda helped him hold one, too bad they are soo short, it didn't last very long.  

Side note, we got home around 9:40 and since the boys were wide awake we decided to just give both of them a bath even though it was late because they really needed them.  By the time they both went to bed it was about 10:00.  I was sure Carson would sleep past his normal 5:30 on Thursday but to my surprise he actually graced us with his presence at 4:30.  I didn't get to bed until 1:00 so I was one tired momma yesterday.  I don't know what it is with him and early mornings. This is why I stick to our schedule.  No more late nights for these boys for awhile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...