Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chicago Mini Vacation


Last week I went on a little mini vacation to Naperville and Chicago with Matthew, Kate, and Hannah.  We first went to Naperville on Monday night, stayed the night at Matthew's Aunt and Uncles condo and met up with his cousin Cody.  Then on Tuesday we went to Six Flags Great America and had a great time, perfect weather, lines weren't too bad, I laid out for a bit in the water park by myself, had a giant sno cone and we were there without kids, yeah it was awesome!  I've only been to that one, one other time so the rides were all pretty much new to us.  Then that night we went downtown Naperville had a dinner at a mexican restuarant, walked around the shops a bit, and my favorite had COLDSTONE.  Cake batter ice cream with cookie dough mixed in, doesn't get much better! 
 Wednesday we packed up our stuff and headed downtown for the day and night.  We had lunch at Ed Debevic's, went to a few stores, went to Navy Pier and took a ride on the Seadog.  Now if you haven't ever taken the Seadog thrill ride and you are in Chicago, I highly recommend it.  I have been on a few other boat rides/tours on the lake and down the river but none of them compared to this one.  It's not informational is pretty much just like a huge speedboat and these drivers can get a little crazy.  You coast out past the no wake zone, then they blare music, rev up and off you go flying around the lake, back and forth and going in circle.  It wasn't what I expected it to be at all.  These boats have some power!  We did get soaked but it was lots of fun anyway.  

After getting all wet we headed back to the hotel to get cleaned up for dinner and did a little resting.  Then we went to dinner at Portillo's and took the girls to the 96th floor in the John Hancock building.  People say the women's bathroom has the best view in the city!  So that's what we did took them to the bathroom, took a few pictures and headed right back down.  This was the only picture I took and you can't really see the view in the background but it is beautiful up there!  

That night I don't even know what the others did, but I went to bed pretty early and they entertained themselves at the hotel.  Then Thursday morning we headed to Champaign, did some shopping and then made it back mid afternoon.

We had a great time and when I came home I had some surprises.  My mom had made us a baby gate because we couldn't find anything to work with our basement stairway without ruining our mantle post.  Then she had shampooed our carpets and our couch!  I was so thankful, not only did she take care of our kids while we were gone but took care of some things on my to do list!  What a great momma!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...