Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Love this time of year!

Okay, so I am so so soooo excited about decorating for Christmas tomorrow.  Matthew and I are both off so I wanted us all to do it together so it will be a perfect day.  I thought about doing it last night and the night before but really wanted Noah to be up so we could try to let him help (crazy I know).  Also I really wanted to get ours up a little early because I wanted the first  Christmas tree he sees to be ours.  I know he has seen Christmas stuff up a little bit here and there but it different than the ones at Kohl's and Walmart.  They aren't anything like people's home trees!  I'm sure I will get some pictures during and after the process with our little man!

  I am just so excited about having Noah around this year.  After Christmas 2 years ago I bought stockings and I bought 3 hoping that then next year we would have a little one that would use that stocking.  Noah was close last year but missed it by less than a month so finally this year I will get to put out that 3rd stocking.

Also I been waiting to start Christmas cards until we had a baby too, so I'm just pumped about everything this year!  I have been scoping out all the Christmas cards on Etsy (love so many) and trying to get it narrowed down.  Now that  I have it almost decided I need to take a few pictures to put on them!  Hopefully I will get those ordered by the end of the weekend.

Then there is Black Friday shopping this week.  I love shopping all the time but this week especially there isn't anything like getting a good deal, buying Christmas presents and just enjoying the event.  This stresses some people out but not really me.  Each year I wait for all the ads to be released on www.black-friday.net and check often to see what ones have been newly posted.  This year I was a little behind and a lot of them were up before I even checked for the first time.  But I have started my list of places to go and things I would like get.  Then I realized I have a little dilemma this year, I'm not on my own anymore, I will have my little man.  So I'm thinking this year I will go about shopping all differently, ONLINE!  At first I was thinking I could start at Toy's R Us in Champaign at 10p.m. on Thanksgiving, then Kohl's and Walmart in Effingham and try to be home by 7a.m.  when Matthew would need to start getting ready for work.  Then I realized I wouldn't be able to just go to sleep since I would have Noah to take care of all day .  So looks like I'm going to try and get everything online.  Toy's R Us has free shipping and it seems like you can get all the sales online and same for Kohl's and Walmart so instead of fighting lines, people, and spending time on driving I will just be sitting at home waiting for sales to start to put my order in and then that way I can sleep in between.  I'm quite excited about my plan and I did do that last year with a big ticket item for Matthew's dad so I have had it work out for me.  I might end up going to Walmart just because I think I need a little bit of the experience  since I do look forward to it so much, call me crazy, but I LOVE it!

I also cannot wait to buy presents because I want to get wrapping so bad!  I'm so excited about my paper theme/ color scheme this year.  Each year I try to get paper after Christmas for the following year so I have been waiting a long time to get this out.  Each time I see it in my basement storage room I get excited all over again.  Once I get some under the tree, I'll be sure to get some pictures up!  I'm not sure the presents will be able to stay under the tree this year but we will see what Noah tries to do.  Christmas items might have to be a little different this year. He started crawling just in time, I think he knew that new great things in the living room would soon be coming.

Anyways it will be a busy this week with decorating, Thanksgiving and shopping!  I hope everyone has safe travel, and some great time with their families!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...