Friday, May 18, 2012

Mothers Day


On Mother's Day the boys still had me up before 6:00, the house still needed my attention, laundry needed done and the boys still needed me.  It was just another day.  I decided Mothers day is more for the moms who have older kids.  Moms who have been a mom longer than my 2 1/2 years.

Needless to say it didn't seem very special until
 I got out of the shower and Noah brought in a sweet card that my boys had worked on.  It was so sweet how he wanted to give it to me and actually took it out of the envelope for me.  It was a Woody card, even though I know he didn't pick it out, it was kind of like he did since he loves Woody stuff.  
 On the inside there was a handprint of Noah and Carson's and Noah also did some extra scribbling.  Noah kept telling me about the blue paint/hand/color.  He was quite proud of it!  


 I am almost 28 and fully appreciate what my mom has done for me and the older I get the more I realize how much it takes to be a parent and understand why they did what they did. I am so blessed to have her!   I also have a few other woman who are moms who I am so blessed to have in my life as well!

 We had a busy day and enjoyed spending it with the special people in our lives! 

Side Note....
I had a junky attitude for most of the day, I was tired and woke up on the wrong side of the bed and all I really wanted to do was take a nap.  Not only did they get me up early but the boys didn't nap together and that made me even grumpier.  Then by the time night came, my family was over and had left and I got to hang out with my boys for a bit, I smiled and laughed with them and got out of my funk.  Our two boys are so special, I couldn't ask for better boys!  I love them so much and I am so proud to be their mom.  No matter how early they get up, how long their naps are, how much whining is done,how hectic the day is, at the end of the day, I still love them so much!  I am so blessed to have my 2 adorable, healthy little boys.  I remember 3 years ago on Mother's day, I cried when at a family get together all the moms got to go first in line. We had been trying for about 1 1/2 years and I wanted to be pregnant so bad.  That day was  hard but thankfully about a week later I found out I was pregnant with our little Noah.  Not only am I so thankful for them but so thankful we have been blessed with being able to have them, something that so many people take for granted!  


Happy belated Mother's Day to all you moms out there, I think it's the hardest but most rewarding job we could ever have!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...