Saturday, May 5, 2012

Some Work, Some Fun, Great trip

The one and only picture I have from our Orlando Trip, I forgot my camera darnit!


Matthew and I spent last weekend together in Florida, it wasn't exactly a vacation.  There was a big Vision Source Conference (eye doctor meeting) but they always happen to have them in neat places where there is always other stuff to do.  Matthew went down there earlier and I met him on Friday without the boys.  The boys stayed at our house with my mom and sister Kate (which  I can't thank them enough for taking such great care of our boys, especially since Noah was sick).

Friday I pretty much went straight to my class when I got there and that hat evening we went to Downtown Disney for dinner.  Saturday we had a morning full of classes, spent the afternoon getting some neat stuff for our office at the expo, then headed to the pool and spent the evening at Sea World.  We had a great dinner there, got to see a show and ride their big roller coaster twice ( which was super intense at times)  since the park was closed and our group were the only people there.  We had a great day, ended it with some TV in the hotel ( one of my new favorite things).  Then Sunday we slept in until 9!! Yes you read that right 9.  I don't know the last time I have done that, it felt great!  After that great start we acted like kids at Disney's Magic Kingdom, walked around, rode some rides, had ice cream, watched part of the parade and just had fun hanging out with each other.  It was nice to have an all day date, been a long time since we have had one of those!  Sunday night we went back to Downtown Disney to meet up with Matthew's parents who were also down there with us, for dinner.  Then it was back to the hotel for more relaxing and TV.  Can I just tell you, I think that was honestly my favorite part.  1) we don't have cable so just turning on the TV and flipping through is now really fun and 2)  There was nothing else I needed to do at that moment.  I could truly relax, I didn't have laundry that I needed to start, cleaning that needed to be done, or toys to pick up, no need to hurry to bed since I knew Carson wasn't there to wake us up,  it felt AWESOME!!!  I think I need to do that more often, go to a hotel just to stay there and relax for a night.  It truly energized me so much to just take that time, be lazy, and veg out!

Now I did have a great time, but I sure did miss my boys.  Monday I couldn't wait to get home to see them. It was a good length of time for a getaway, much more and I would just of missed them too much, but enough to give me a good break and some time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...