Saturday, May 5, 2012

On a Roll

Getting Carson to sleep through the night hasn't been as easy as I would have hoped.  I know most people say you will have 3 rough nights but after that it should be much better.  Well we first started  working with him a few weeks ago and I posted about it here. Well after a few nights of still getting up once and crying a little he started to gradually start to do worse instead of better.  2 Wednesday's ago after Matthew had left for Florida, Carson woke up already by around 12:30 and was up for over 3 hours.  I tried everything I could and finally caved in around 3:30 and gave him a bottle after not giving him one for a week and a half at night.  I was desperate.  I was by myself and I had a lot to do the  next day since I was leaving early Friday morning to meet Matthew in Florida. Right after that he went right to sleep. Matthew and I make strong willed children. Period.

 The next night Carson was up by 1 and again before 4, Noah was sick, my mom was here for the night since I had to get up at 4am and leave by 5 to catch my flight so when he woke up a little before 4 I fed him again.  Well that started on a bad weekend for my mom and sister and he was up multiple times for them each night.  Then Monday when we got home we knew we had to try again and started playing hardball yet again.  Well Monday and Tuesday night he woke up and cried some but they weren't awful.  And now our longest streak, or actually just our first streak Carson has now slept through the night this week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  This morning he woke up before 5 and I did get him back to sleep without feeding him pretty quickly and then he slept until a little after 6 so it's not great but I'm still calling it sleeping through the night.  Tonight I'm hoping we have another good night and hopefully this will be our new normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...