Monday, August 6, 2012

Takes time

Wow,  I have spent so much time researching and trying to plan out a menu for  this week.  I usually plan on Sundays, grocery shop on Monday morning.  After last week's Wal-Mart trip I decided I maybe should go without the boys for a little bit. Carson sits in the little front seat and Noah stands in the big cart part.  Carson won't stay sitting (buckle doesn't really help) and Noah throws all the food out that I put in. Needless to say it's been a little stressful lately.  I decided to wait until after the kids go to bed tonight and plus it will take me a little longer than normal.

This week we are really going to try for a clean eating week.  I have looked and looked and have finally decided on some starter meals and going to try making a few new things on my own.  Since I will be making some new things I also need some things I've never really bought before so  I figured this week would really be better if I go on my own.  I never realized how much stuff there is to know when it comes to clean eating.  There are so many things  I would consider fine and natural but aren't at all.

Here is what I have so far for  this week

Breakfasts/ Snacks    (I will be doing my Genesis Pure shakes for Breakfast but this will be for Matthew and maybe the boys, and then snacks for myself)
Yogurt/ Fruit
Homemade Granola Cereal
Strawberry Muffins

Lunches
Salad
Quesadillas  (with Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas)
Leftovers

Dinners
Grilled Chicken, baked potato, green beans
Homemade Pizza with Homemade pizza dough and homemade pizza sauce
Tacos with Homemade Tortillas again and taco seasoning and mexican rice
Chicken Stir fry with brown rice


And a treat to have around the house
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie

This is definitely going to take more time in planning and also in preparation but we are going to try.  I know we aren't going to be able to be clean when we aren't at home or when eating out but the times we are at home I want to try!  I don't want to put too much pressure on the idea and then feel like I failed because I know there is always going to be some days when it's just not possible!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...