Monday, July 26, 2010

Busy day

Wow! What a productive day today has been. If every day could be like today I might actually run out of things to do. I haven't been this productive since before Noah was born and boy does it feel good! My list of to-do's has been unending for quite some today and today I started to really tackle it. I started in the hall closet last week and finally finished it. I took everything out and cleaned the floors and all the trim. I use this closet for a lot of things, extra wallflower refills, light bulbs, extra everything like shampoos, hand soaps, candles, you name it. Then I also put all of my cleaning supplies in here as well. It's always hard to find them. since they are all over and on shelves. So I bought some canvas baskets, for all of my extra supplies and then some clear tubs for the cleaning supplies. I figured this way I could just pull the tub out to get out what I wanted instead of having to root all over the shelf for it. After I put it back together today I thought of a better idea I might have to try later. I was thinking about getting something like a shower caddy (will have to look and see if it will work) to put all of the main cleaning supplies in then I could take it with me around the house when I clean, dust and do bathrooms. That would be super handy.

Here is the closet before

and after


Ahh, I love a good, clean and organized closet!
After that was done, I cleaned out under the sink and reorganized it and got some nifty shelves for all the stuff, then I took everything out of the bottom of Matthew's and my bedrooms closets. Boy was that floor dirty from all of our shoes. I cleaned the inside of the closet including the trim and then put everything back in neatly! Then in our room I moved all the furniture and cleaned under everything. It was quite gross. We have hardwood floors in our rooms so dust sure does collect under everything. I just feel better knowing the floors are clean underneath. It's embarassing at how bad I let them get. I also did the same thing in Noah's room. So now I know at least a couple of rooms are decently clean. It's such a great feeling! Now if I can clean the rest of the house like that!

1 comment:

  1. the closet looks great! i need to do that to some of mine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...