Monday, February 7, 2011

Still no milk



For over a month now we have been trying to get Noah to drink milk, with no success.  A little bit before he turned a year we started putting half milk/half formula in his bottles.  He didn't seem to mind this to much and drank it fine.  Then when we went for his year checkup the doctor said not to do that and just give him formula in the bottles and milk in sippy cups at mealtimes. After that we had him try it one day from the sippy cup and one sip and he was done. Throughout the last month, we have tried it multiple times and have tried both whole and 2%milk.  He loves drinking out of our glasses more than anything so we have tried that and still nothing,  usually he sees that it's white in the glass and won't even try it.  Even in his blue cups he sees that's its not the color of water or juice and won't even give it a chance.  He is so smart! 

 Well lots of people have told me why don't you try a little chocolate or strawberry in the milk.  I just really didn't want him to get used to drinking that because then he would never want regular milk.  Well today was one of those days when I feel like pushing towards meeting a goal so I gave in and tried chocolate milk with him.  He watched me make it and knew I put milk in it but because it wasn't white he tried it.  I got about 2 sips out of him and he was done.  What kid doesn't like chocolate milk?  I'm at a loss now I don't know what to do.  I really don't want to continue to buy formula any longer than I have to and was very excited for the year mark.  However, my son has always tried to do everything the expensive way in all of his eating habits, so this shouldn't surprise me. I think we are just going to do have to start doing both in his bottles again and just gradually work him up to more and more milk.  I don't think there is any other way.  

  On the plus side he hasn't  thrown up in weeks now, so that is very exciting.  He still is very picky but we have found multiple things he will eat and he's getting a little braver at trying new things so that is exciting.  He is very picky about so many things.  This last week has been a huge struggle every morning for breakfast.  He would eat a few bites and then lean on the side of his chair and grunt and get mad and wouldn't take any more bites.  Well today he just kept pointing towards the fridge so I thought maybe he was telling me he wanted a drink.  Sure enough I get out a cup and he starts saying juice so I knew what he wanted.  All along I have been trying to wait until he's done before giving him juice because I don't want him filling up on it. Well apparently he has decided this week he's not eating breakfast until he has his juice because after  I gave it to him, he ate more. Then at some meals he points  to the light and then the light switch because he wants it on/off depending on what I already have it on. He doesn't give up until I switch it either.  

It just amazes me how strong willed he is.  Sometimes I just have no idea how to handle him.  He is going to be a challenge.  However, no matter how frustrating he gets at times, in the next minute he is making me laugh and smile ear to ear because of his cute face, and  personality.  He can just be the funniest kid too, and knows when he has people's attention.  He turns into Noah the little showboat.  We went to lunch with mom, Randi, Katie, and Hali last Friday and they caught a few pictures of him being his silly self, with his goofy faces.  How could you not love this boy?  


This is our son Chucky the look-a-like


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...