Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

Monday was Valentine's day and I don't generally like the holiday. Never really have, sorry for those who do. But I hate how it has to make people feel that don't have someone and then it makes guys feel like they have to do something. I would much rather something come when I wasn't expecting anything. Since we don't really make a big deal out of it, I wasn't expecting anything Monday. I had asked Kate and Randi if they wanted to come over and make cookies after school. They both said yeah but Kate said she had to go home first and do some things. I didn't understand why she couldn't do them afterwards but didn't think too much of it. So they got here and we made the cookies, Randi had to leave and Kate and I decided we wanted to go to Puerta to eat. I figured it would be a lot less busy than other places. So we were just waiting for Matthew to get home so we could leave and when he got home he asked if I was ready and I asked Kate. Then she got really excited and said I'm not going I'm staying here. Matthew had asked her the week before if she would watch Noah so we could go out and eat and go see a movie. I was surprised and excited but it's hard for me to leave Noah when I'm not expecting to. I know he would be in good hands though, she is so good with him so I got ready and we left for our evening. That was a good Valentine's Day because I wasn't expecting anything and he managed to surprise me. We had a great date, considering it was our first real one since last Valentine's Day when we went out to eat. Last year Noah was just too young, that's all I could leave him for.  I have been away from Noah a lot but it's always been for youth stuff, stuff with other people and not Matthew, work, or group things.  Matthew and I have had movie nights in, but its nice to get out of the house together alone!  Hopefully we can do this more often this year and some more before baby  #2 comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...