Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Homemade Granola Bars

I have made the time this week to  try some of my pinterest pins.  I finally tried one of the homemade granola recipes I have been looking at for months so I thought I would share.  There are so many out there but here is the one I actually made.

http://laurassweetspot.com/2012/09/20/homemade-quaker-chewy-granola-bars/

I took pictures and was going to post them along with this, but lets face it I stink at picture taking and this bloggers are way better so you get to enjoy her pictures instead!

Mine weren't setting up as fast as they should have ( I think I put in a little too much honey) so I put mine in the fridge.  They are a little sticky but taste really good!   I will try them again with a little less honey next time to make them more like store bought ones!

The thing about these is they aren't "clean" since there is brown sugar in them, and crisp rice cereal but hey it's a starting point and still much better for you than store bought!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...