Monday, October 22, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

My husband loves tacos.  Each week when I ask if there is anything he wants me to make he always says well I always like tacos. Of course I don't mind either, they are EASY.  And since I have been trying to make healthier meals tacos are a good one.  We can use whole wheat tortillas, some veggies and to top it off homemade taco seasoning.  Taco seasoning isn't expensive but at $.50 to $1.00 a pack making your own can save a little bit, it's easy and the most important it's so much better for you so why not!  We've all seen a million different pins of homemade taco seasoning but I made this one a little while back to try it, loved it so made some more today.

I took the recipe and x'd it by 10 so  I would have some for awhile.  I bought generic spices when I could and still have plenty of spices left over to make more again when I use it all again.  

Here is the recipe that would season 1lb of meat.



1 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper



All you have to do is mix it up and it's ready for the beef!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...