Monday, January 23, 2012

Home Alone

Last Friday I had a day at home by MYSELF!  Since we had Noah 2 years ago, I have maybe been at my house alone without kids for tops a few hours.  Every time we go somewhere like work, meetings, shopping or out of town, people watch our kids here.  I never am home while we have a babysitter, until last week.  We have found an in home daycare that does drop in's so when I need someone to watch the kids we have been using them and last Friday I took the kids there for no reason so I could just stay home and get stuff done (the hubs told me I could do this on Christmas, I cried I was so excited)

  Now Matthew wanted me to do something fun just for myself, but he doesn't realize how that is what I wanted was just to work on that never ending to-do list and get some little things done that I never get the chance to do.  I worked all night on Thursday cleaning the house so I would be able to do different things besides cleaning (I can never relax to do anything I want to do, until everything I feel I have to do is finished, that's just me) on Friday.  Thursday night I cleaned bathrooms, vaccumed, mopped, dusted the house besides that boys room since they were sleeping, unloaded dishwasher, cleaned up the kitchen pretty good, organized our master closet and then sat down just to relax a few minutes before bed. 

Then Friday I got the kids off to daycare, came home, and began my monster list.  I was a little frantic at first because I wanted to get as much done as I possibly could and didn't really know where to start but first I swept out the garage, mopped by the trash cans, dusted the boys room, cleaned out and organized their closet as well, worked on a project for the playroom and got it hung, hung a wall decal in the kitchen (which isn't sticking by the way), worked on a command center for the laundry room, organized the junk drawer, cleaned out front entry closet, worked on my household binder ( I think this will always be a work in progress), did lots of laundry, all we had regularly plus, towels, sheets, and a bunch of fabric so it would be ready for some sewing projects.  After I finished all that I thought I would head downstairs to work on a few sewing projects, well in the first 5 minutes nothing was working, machine was being wacky, thread broke while I was trying to fix that so had to rethread and it wasn't cooperating, so I decided the day was supposed to be fun and I gave up on that.  Then I thought I would go run errands alone and do some returns that had been sitting around since before Christmas, so  I ran some errands and got everything I needed returned/ exchanged.

 By the time I got that all done it was time to get the kids and there wasn't any time left to just sit down and veg out but that's okay.  In the morning first thing I thought about taking a nap because If  I do ever take one it's when the kids decide not me and I thought it would be fun to decide to take a nap and do it for however long I wanted but I decided to be productive instead and I'm glad I did since now it's all done and the nap wouldn't have got me anywhere.  There are so many other things I thought about doing like beginning painting the many rooms we have left to paint or hang some items in the basement but probably better I let the hubby help me with those! 

All in all I had a great day and Friday night I did totally relax after the kids went to bed.   I was worn out anyway from being so productive!  Haven't got to mark that many things off  my list in forever!  I hope I can get days like this more often  than every 2 years.   I love my kids and the time I get to spend with them, but days like that are needed and now that I have a taste  I have a feeling I might pull for days like that a little more often!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of this! And I'm so glad you got lots done. Next time I think a nap is in order! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...