Wednesday, August 4, 2010

6 Months

Six months has been such a wonderful age. Our little mister has been such a happier boy lately. He does better going places, playing at home, and excitingly at night also. We have got him to quit eating at night. It took awhile because I decided to try to do it slowly. So every couple nights I would decrease what he got by an ounce. We had got down to 2 and then he made it one night without waking. I knew he could do it after that, so I decided we were done feeding him. The next couple nights when he would get up I would try the pacifier, which ended up just making him more mad. But we would try and console him then let him cry a little. If he threw a fit after awhile I would just give him water. That didn't last too many nights and then he would wake up but he would take a pacifier instead. We still have most nights where he cries and I give him has pacifier probably at least once. He has turned into quite the rolly pollie, so he moves a lot in his sleep. I think when he hits the side of the bed sometimes and he is on his stomach it wakes him. Overall we are doing much better there, I am starting to get more sleep, still not perfect since I'm still waking throughout the night and having to get up but definetly an improvement.

I love watching Noah sit up and play. He just cracks me up, I can't get enough of him. The way he moves around the floor when he is laying down is fun to watch as well. He is such a wiggle worm. He will roll and roll and roll and get himself stuck against everything since he only likes to roll one way. He isn't scooting yet, he does get up on his knees sometimes but then he uses them to roll over, so he hasn't made any progress there. A couple times I have propped him up on his knees and elbows and he just laughs. For some reason it's funny. He also likes when you roll him over as well. We are just having so much fun with him lately.

He is now eating food at all three meals. He still takes all his bottles and in all the same amounts, so that is good, he is just a hungry boy. We still haven't found anything he doesn't like. He sure isn't a picky kid when it comes to eating, he will eat anything.

Anyways this last month has just been the best since Noah has been so much happier and I think we are adjusting to parenthood more as well! I know they are just going to keep getting better and better and I look forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...