Friday, August 27, 2010

More Sewing Projects

I am really enjoying sewing, probably a little too much because I have been quite addicted the last couple days. I have actually been a little lax on cleaning, nothing usually stops me from cleaning until now! Tonight I was so excited to try something new, a bib! Noah uses a lot of bibs and now that he is eating lots of solids, they are getting stained very quickly (thank you to the carrots and sweet potatoes mostly). For these bibs I just used cotton fabric, with terry cloth on the back so they would be more absorbant. Now you have to excuse the picture, these aren't quite finished. Tomorrow I have to get some velcro or snaps (haven't decided which to use yet) and put those on. Then I need to stitch the openings I left to turn them right side out shut. Then they will be finished and I'm hoping they fit around Noah's big neck, if not I will just have to adjust the pattern to make them bigger. I love them!


Also tonight I did some more applique's. I love, love, love the N for Noah on the brown onesie. I had bought a set of dark colored onesies for this winter and when I saw this dotted fabric I fell in love and thought it would look great with brown. And the tie one, I had to redo since I messed it up the other day so here is another (I decided to do new fabric that I got this week instead). Tomorrow I am going to get some embroidery thread and try to hand stitch around these (I think) instead of doing the machine this time. I saw one online like that and thought it was cute with thick thread.
Now here are the burp cloths I made yesterday, I made 8 (2 of each one). The first picture is some like the others I made. I put a thin layer of batting in between the layers of fabric like the first ones I did and I tried a thinner batting then the first set. I still think they are too fat though. They are like mini blankets instead of burp cloths, quite puffy. On all the next ones I just did cotton fabric on one side and flannel on the other to be the absorbant side. These are pretty thin, but seem much better for the purpose. I just love finding cute fabrics!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...