Monday, August 23, 2010

My First Applique

I tried my first applique onesies today. I have bought 2 tie onesies for Noah on etsy and have forgotten about them each time until he has outgrown them. This time I was attempting to make my own. I found the templates for both of these on a blog.

Here is a pictures of the onesie after I bonded the fabric to the onesie. Good so far.....


Then I started stitching around the edge. I started with this one first since it was a lot more straight lines. Well I got halfway done and the top thread was doing something weird so I took out the onesie from the machine and realized I made a stupid mistake. I was stitching through both layers of the onesie. So now it's sewn shut! There will be no Noah inside this one, haha! At least I didn't waste my time and get it completely done.
The stitches all the way through to the back. Whoops!

Next the guitar onesie, I just love this fabric! Bonding process went fine on this one as well. The stitching around this not as easy as the tie, it's almost all curves. Noah was in the room with me while I was trying this so I did a lot of starting and stopping, not a good idea on all these curves because I lost the flow each time. Overall it's okay, but there is lots of room for improvement. I'm still a beginner sewer so I need practice in just about everything and to learn more patience. I do everything quickly and that isn't the best way for a beginner to sew!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...