Thursday, August 19, 2010

Girls Overnight Shopping Trip

Tuesday night after work, my mom, Randi and Katie and I left for an overnight shopping trip to Champaign. Not far, but far enough for my first entire night away from my little boy. I had to work on Tuesday so that stunk since I didn't get to spend the day with Noah but I got to at least see him before I left. I got to get in some good squeezes and lots of kisses and hugs. I knew he would be fine with his dad, but a little nervous since it was their first night together alone as well. Noah ended up actually doing well for his dad and let him get a good nights sleep. He hasn't been doing so well in that department so he did the best he had in awhile. He didn't get up til 4:45. Matthew waited until about 5:15 and then fed him and they stayed in bed til after 9. Noah was up part of the time but just rolling around and kicking dad. It's cute because Matthew talks like it annoys him that Noah kicks him if he lays him down by him, but I know he really likes it and thinks its cute! Oh how I love my boys!
Anyways about our trip we went up and got there about 5:20. We started shopping right away since we didn't have tons of time before everything closed. We shopped and shopped until closing time of the mall and a few other stores. Then we went on to Target. Oh how I love Target. I got some really cute diapers from there that were Target generic brand (thanks Kacie for telling me about them). Really cute with polka dots. I'm going to try them and see if they are any good, but the price was great and irresistable for their cuteness. I'm sure we will take some pictures in them. While we were at Target we picked out some snacks a necessity on a girls trip, popcorn, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and turtles. After we were done at Target we went and checked into our hotel and started snacking and going through and showing each other what we all got. The picture below is everything laid out ( not just mine it was all of ours). There wasn't enough room so some of it is actually stacked up. My mom said this picture should be labeled sinners. She is right, it is quite ridiculous. I am officially done shopping for awhile!
After we went through our stuff we decided to do some fun face masks that I had found at Forever 21. They were cheap and I thought they would be fun to do. Randi, and I had papaya mud masks. Katie had a cucumber peel off mask and mom had a mud mask too but I can't remember what kind it was, mango maybe?




I know we look quite scary, like the scariest clowns I have ever seen. However it was worth it, my skin actually felt better afterwards and the next morning. Not sure if they really did anything but it felt like it. Overall we had a great time. It was nice to get away and have some girl time, especially with my family. I love them all so much and are so thankful for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...